भुट्टे और टमाटर का झोल
BHUTTE Tamatar ka Jhol 🌽🌽🍅- Sweet Corn in Spiced Tomato Curry is quite a dish. WARNING! – The corn soaks up the juicy tomato curry so each time you gnaw into the corn, the tangy and round flavours activate your taste buds causing massive amounts of drooling 😋! – And remember to put your old T-shirt on while eating it, you’ll thank me later! 🙃
It’s a simple vegetarian curry (not to be underestimated!!) made from a basic Indian pantry, so it works perfectly as a lockdown recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 2)–
3 corn on the cob cleaned
1 tsp mustard seeds (राई)
4-5 curry leaves
1/2 tsp asofetida (हींग)
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried coriander powder
1 tsp white sugar
1. Grate 1.5 corn and put aside. Cut the remaining corn into 2” disks.
2. Put the whole corn disks into 4 cups of boiling water with a tbsp and salt and turmeric
3. Drain once done and retain the stock
4. Put the tomatoes whole with skin into the blender and pureé
5. In a कढ़ाई (deep iron pan), heat 2 tbsp oil and put the mustard seeds. When they start popping, add the curry leaves
6. Add the asofetida (हींग)
7. Add the tomato pureé and cook on medium flame until you see the oil reach the surface. The sauce will thicken.
8. Add the turmeric, red chili powder & coriander powder
9. Add the corn, grated corn and a few ladles of the corn stock. Depending on how runny you prefer it
10. Add salt after tasting. And the sugar
11. Cook for another 10 mins covered
12. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve!