Ingredients (Serves 2)
Button Mushrooms (sliced)-100 gm
Onion (sliced)-150 gm
Garlic (finely chopped)-1 tsp
Black pepper-to taste
Chili flakes-1 tsp
Brown sugar-1.5 tsp
Balsamic vinegar-1 tsp
Lemon juice-1 tsp
Olive oil-1 tbsp
- Sauté the mushrooms in a heated pan with some olive oil till all the moisture is evaporated and mushrooms start browning. Then, add the garlic, thyme and salt.
2. Add the onions to the pan and sweat them.
3. To aid softening of the onions, add some water and cover with a lid.
4. Once the onions are caramelized and softened, add the sugar, balsamic vinegar, pepper and chili flakes. Mix well and cook for another few minutes.
5. Once the onions are caramelized and softened, add the sugar, balsamic vinegar, pepper and chili flakes. Mix well and cook for another few minutes.Check for seasoning and finish with lemon juice. Serve in a bowl.
Can be enjoyed with some buttered toast for breakfast or a quick snack or on a cheese platter with some crackers. Or indulge in some pasta tossed in the onion and mushroom jam.