Sabudana/Taipoca is a humble ingredient with loads of potential. It can adapt to different flavors and is a great platform for creative expression.
I decided to whip up a quick and easy dessert with a basic pantry while focusing on extracting the maximum from simple ingredients.
The result was a mouthful of fresh and citrus explosion 💥🍊!
Give this humble dessert a try and let me know what you think of it! Look forward to you trying my Tapioca Orange Therapy!
Ingredients – (Serves 2)
1/2 cup Tapioca soaked for 2 hours
2 cups fresh coconut milk
1/2 cup unrefined sugar/palm sugar
1 cup fresh orange juice
Zest of one orange
1.5 tbsp toasted black & white sesame seeds
Handful of thyme leaves
- In a deep pan, boil the tapioca with the coconut milk and sugar on low flame
- Cook until the Tapioca is soft and cooked through
- Put it to cool
- In a pan, cook the orange juice with cinnamon for 10mins with zest on a slow flame. It should reduce but not become thick
- Put it refrigeration for an hour
- Place the tapioca in the centre like an island in a deep plate/bowl
- Pour the orange soup around it with the zest
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and thyme